13 Must Know Clothing Hacks
One of the best ways to save money is to either purchase clothing cheap or re-purpose it. People sometimes don’t even realize how much money we put towards clothes. And when the colors start to fade and our favorite shirt gets a stain, we usually just buy another one. It doesn’t have to be like that!
Instead of throwing out old clothes and purchasing new ones, you should try out these 13 clothing hacks. These do it yourself tricks can help make your clothes look brand new again and make them last longer. These tips can also help you re-purpose clothes into something entirely new, like turning a t-shirt into a tank top.
If you are saving money while still keeping your clothes looking good, it is a win-win situation.
So the next time you get a lipstick stain on your shirt or you tear up your favorite jeans, put off throwing them out and see if you can use any of these clothing hacks to save them.
Have any old clothes that you think you can re purpose? Why not give it a try!
1. Use hairspray to remove lipstick stains.
Just spray, let it sit for five minutes, and then throw it in the wash.
2. Use lemon juice to remove sweat stains. Just spray and put it in the washer!
3. Cover bleach stains with a sharpie and make black shirts look new again!
This also works for yoga pants.
4. Turn an old shirt into a new tank top.
5. Get rid of denim odors with vodka. Works like a charm!
6. Moisturize your leather shoes to make them look new.
7. Find out if pants fit you by wrapping the waste-band around your head.
If it doesn’t reach, odds are they don’t fit.
8. Use a hair straightener to iron your shirt collar.
9. Get lint off of your clothes using a razor.
10. Have a stain on your leather shoes? Vanish them with a mix of vinegar and water.
First, wash your boots down. Then spray the vinegar/water mixture. When your done, rub it with moisturizer.
11. Instead of tossing out ripped jeans, wear tights under them to give them a new look.
12. Remove stains from cotton clothes using club soda.
It’s not just for cooking!
13. Remove those pesky deodorant stains with baby wipes.
So you don’t have to rewash them!
Have any other unique clothing hacks to add? Would love to hear about them in the comments below!
Need even more hacks? Find 45 more clothing and shoe hacks here!