26 Insanely Fun DIY Halloween Decor Ideas
It is now officially fall, and that means Halloween is right around the corner. Halloween is so much fun. All of the pumpkins, scary decorations, and the costumes. It truly does not feel like fall until I see pumpkins and Halloween décor!
Halloween décor is expensive, however. For something that you only have out for a few weeks a year, it seems like paying $30 for a skeleton is not worth it. We can do better than that.
So we put together this list of super easy, DIY Halloween decor ideas. Most of these decorations can be made with stuff you have in your home right now! Skip the expensive trips to the party store and spend some time making your own decorations. Best of all, these decorations are much better than the ones you can buy in the store.
So when preparing for Halloween this year, try out some of these decorations. Just make sure to have plenty of candy on hand! These decorations are sure to attract more trick-or-treaters than usual!
1. PVC pipes and some old clothes can make a mummy like this one!
2. Watermelon cut like a brain can make a great Halloween snack.
3. Jack-O-Lantern cups are a fun and cheap decoration.
Make sure to use LED lights, and not real candles!
4. Decorating your front door like a mummy is easy!
5. Or try out one of these door decorations.
Which one is your favorite?
6. Create glowing eyes out of paper towel rolls and a glow stick.
7. Foil tubes from a hardware store can be used to make pumpkins like these!
8. This one is easy. Sharpie some ghost eyes on some dollar store candles!
9. Scare your friends and family by creating a head in a jar with your own head!
This one is made by taking a panoramic photo of your head.
10. You can also make one with a dolls head.
11. Styrofoam is cheap and you can use it to make your own tombstone.
12. This one is scary. Using plastic eyeballs or ping pong balls, you can make eyeball flowers.
13. Create a blood dripped candle by dripping wax from a red candle on to a white candle.
14. Have one of those touch lights? Turn it into the character from ‘A Nightmare Before Christmas’.
15. Make your own cheap spiderwebs with trash bags.
16. Decorate your porch with these simple paper bag lights.
17. Reuse old wine bottles by painting them like candy corn! These make great table decorations.
18. This one is scary. Use a chicken wire fence to create your own ghost!
The chicken wire makes it see through. Much more scary than a sheet or a cloth!
19. Save all of those milk jugs and turn them into ghosts. All you need is a sharpie and an LED light!
20. Create a ‘Monster House’ by decorating your garage with teeth.
21. Use black poster board to create silhouettes in your windows.
22. Apples dipped in paint can make ‘poison’ apples!
23. Imagine this eyeball wreath on your door for Halloween! It can be made with ping pong balls.
24. Carve your pumpkins with a drill to save time!
25. Tonic water under a black light creates this creepy looking drink.
26. Print and frame some scary paranormal portraits like these.
Which is your favorite DIY Halloween decor idea? Would love to see your thoughts in the comments below!
And now that your home is decorated, it’s time to explore our Halloween costume ideas!