If you are like me, you want your home to be cleaner and organized, but you just don’t have the time. Life gets in the way, and proper home organization falls to the bottom of the list of things we need to do. But home organization is still important, as expensive and time consuming as it may be. Luckily for us, there are a ton of useful organization hacks found online that will help us better organize our living spaces without all of the hard work or breaking into our wallet. Home organization tools are super expensive, so I am happy that those fees can be avoided.
This list has 36 must know tips for organizing the space in your home. All these organization hacks are DIY and require either very little time or very little money. These organization hacks will not only get your home clean, but they will keep your home clean. And if you have a clean home and save your money, then we did our job!
So take a look and see if there is anything you can do today! What hack were you most surprised to learn?
1. Start organizing all of your important papers in binders
2. Hide those ugly cords using placement hooks
3. If you don’t have room for an end table, get a gadget caddy
Some of them even hold drinks!
4. Use pool noodles to keep your boots upright and off the floor
5. Prevent clothes from slipping off of hangers using pipe cleaners
6. And get a double hang rod to fit more clothes into your closet
7. Use a wine rack to hold all of your hair tools
8. If you share a home with a lot of people, assign everyone their own bathroom drawer
9. Make your shower look neater by putting shampoo and conditioner into matching bottles
10. Use a 12-pack box to hold soup cans
You can even decorate the box!
11. Put an “eat me first” bin in your fridge to put food that will expire sooner
12. Magazine holders work great in pantries
13. Fill a tissue box with plastic bags and put it under your sink
14. Make sure everything in your cabinets is accessible using storage bins
This makes it easy to reach the stuff in the back!
15. Stack your clutches neatly using a paper holder
16. Keep your throw pillows off of the floor by putting a basket by your bed
17. Hide all of your charger cords in your nightstand drawer
This also makes a great place to charge your devices.
18. Make a stuffed animal zoo for your kids’ stuffed animals
19. Put drawers in your kids’ rooms with their clothes so they can dress themselves
View this post on Instagram
Klowey & I put these together the other day for her & Jaxon's school clothes so that our mornings would go more smoothly & I posted our finished product on FB & all of a sudden it's had over a million Shares! 😱 #GoneViral So Cool!!! Tag a Mommy (or Daddy) who can use this in their life! #unicornmoms
20. Candy jars make a great place to put craft supplies
21. Give your kids a “junk bucket” so you can keep stuff off of the floor
22. Empty an aluminum can and decorate it to make a cheap pencil holder
23. Get an extra shelf and some bins for your storage room
24. Organize your garage tools with a wood pallet
25. Shoe organizers are great for organizing paint cans
26. Hang a file organizer in your Tupperware drawer for lids
27. Divide up your drawer so you can organize your utensils
28. Organize your fridge better by adding extra bins
This will keep stuff from getting lost and going bad!
29. Organize your bathroom with an over the toilet organizer
30. And get a shower head organizer
It can be hard to add storage space to bathrooms. These tools make it easier!
31. Organize all of your makeup with a magnetic makeup tray
32. Organize your linen closet and put matching fabrics together
33. Get some ‘S’ hooks and take advantage of those builder grade shelves
34. Turn an old bookshelf into pullout storage space
This can be made by placing old wheels onto a bookshelf.
35. Keep loose papers organized by getting a cork board
36. Color code your circuit breaker