This Historical Mansion Was Once a Prison and Its Now For Sale
This historic mansion was built in Bedford County, Pennsylvania in 1895. It was constructed by the state as a prison, and it remained in use for almost 100 years. A few years ago, the prison was renovated into a residential living space! The prison turned into a home went on the market for $489,000 and it was recently reduced to $439,000. The home now includes 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The original wood floors still remain and the home has beautiful brickwork.
This house is a beautifully preserved piece of history. Although it has been renovated to be a residential home, there are still many of the old prison features. On the outside, you can see the original stone sign and the guard tower. On the inside, many jail cells still remain in the basement. The basement also has an original brick oven, which was used to make prison bread.
All of these impressive features make this prison turned into a home unlike anything we have ever seen before. This home is so beautiful, but also has a great history.
1. This historical mansion in Bedford County, PA was recently listed for $439,000
2. It was constructed in 1895, and its original purpose was to be a jail. It was used as a jail until 1995!
3. You can still see the original sign out in the front
4. And the original plaque remains on the inside
5. The prison was recently converted into a residential home
6. When you enter the home, nothing looks unusual
7. The home has five bedrooms and two bathrooms, all fully renovated
8. The home has some impressive windows with some unique views
9. But that all changes when you go down to the basement
10. Because the jail cells still remain!
11. This old mansion is unlike anything we have ever seen before.
RELATED: This Couple Buys An Abandoned 1800’s Church for $90,000 To Renovate And Live In Full Time
Would you live in this old prison turned into a home if you were given the chance? Share your thoughts in the comments below!