Look How A Simple IKEA Table Can Be Transformed Into A LEGO Play Table
LEGOs have been around for several years – since 1949 to be exact.
These interlocking bricks are a favorite of many children all over the world. But us parents also know how tiny the pieces can be, and how painful it can be to step on them! A good storage system is a MUST for any family with kids who play with LEGOs.
Below we will show you how to transform a simple Ikea table into a functional and fun LEGO table.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- IKEA table
- IKEA Trofast buckets (medium size)
- Drill with spade bit
- Clear sealant
- Spray paint
1. First, put together the Ikea table you purchased:
2. Next plan out your design and the number of buckets:
3. Create a diagram to make sure your dimensions are correct:
4. Cut out the bucket holes with your jigsaw:
5. Use your drill bit to create the holes for the jigsaw:
6. Here you can see the jigsaw at work:
7. This is what the table looks like so far:
8. Apply your desired finish:
9. The finished table with the Trofast buckets in place:
10. LEGO table in action!