The Latest Urban Street Art – Moss Graffiti
The latest craze in urban street art? It’s moss graffiti! Go Green! Save the planet from toxic paint spray chemicals. Use this environmentally friendly medium for artistic expression. I was skeptical at first; but when I saw the creative designs, I was floored!
Unique art brushed with moss on concrete walls, rocks, or brick. Even if you don’t have an artistic bone in your body; you can start with geometric designs, patterns or words. Then let your creative flow take over and design anything you want. Is it illegal?
If it’s in a public place, go at your own risk – that’s our disclaimer.
1. Collect or buy 3 cups of moss. Rinse, rinse, rinse out the dirt and dry.
2. Break moss into small pieces by using an old blender (preferably not the blender you use to mix Margaritas).
3. Add 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups of plain yogurt.
4. Add 2 cups of water or 2 cups of beer.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and blend until the mixture is completely smooth and slightly thick like paint.
6. Add a little corn syrup, a bit at a time if the mixture is too thin. Mix until it’s no longer runny.
7. Pour mixture into a bucket and get a paint brush.
8. Paint your design on a wall (and look out for cops just in case).
9. Moisten your eco-friendly graffiti regularly with a spray bottle filled with water to make sure the moss grows.
10. Revitalize an entire wall.
11. Or let your imagination just go…
12. And go…
13. And go!