Have you ever seen someone getting a belly cast done? It’s super easy to do and creates such a loving memory of your child growing within you! It’s typically done with plaster gauze strips, layered one by one over the breasts and belly. You can also use fabric strips and Plaster of Paris, and there are many commercial kits you can purchase if you prefer. There are even services that you can hire and have them come to your home and do your entire belly cast.
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- Plastic gauze strips
- Drop cloth
- Dish of warm water
- Plastic wrap
Step by step instructions to get you started:
- Find somewhere in the house that you don’t mind making a mess – casting can get messy!
- Coat your belly and breasts generously with the oil
- Have all your strips cut to the proper lengths
- Decide how you want to proceed – position, amount of body to cover, etc.
- After you place the first strip you need to work fast because it dries quickly
- Cover the entire area with one layer of strips, then do a second layer going in the opposite direction
- When you are finished, do not remove it until it is fully hardened
- Once removed, let it dry for at least 24 hours