Cleaning your home can be a tough task. And once you clean your home it never stays that way for long. There are so many corners of your home that can go unnoticed until they are so dirty that you cannot ignore them. Cleaning also takes a lot of time, and when we get free time we would rather spend it doing something else.
But we have found some solutions to common cleaning problems. Instead of spending a lot of your time cleaning, you can try out these weird hacks to cut that time in half. Some of these hacks works so well you may never need to buy professional cleaning tools again. For instance, did you know salt and a potato can clean an iron skillet better than a scrubbing brush?
These home cleaning hacks will not only clean your home and save you time, but they will also save you money. And if you are saving time and money then that is a win-win situation.
So check out these home cleaning hacks and see if you find any you might want to try.
1. Use a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol to give your mirrors a deep clean
This also keeps your mirror streak free for a longer period of time.
2. Clean the gunk around your faucets by using a rag and some white vinegar
3. Scrub burnt residue off of pans with baking soda
4. Use a magnet and two sponges to clean your vase
5. Get rid of dust on your ceiling fan by using a pillow case so all of the dust falls inside
Then, you just need to wash the pillow case.
6. Clean dog toys with a mixture of warm water and vinegar
7. If you have mildew in your shower, lay down some bleach and scrub it with a toothbrush
8. Nail polish remover and cream of tartar can actually clean out your toaster
9. Use your vacuum to clean out your fridge coils
10. A mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and dish soap is the best way to clean window sills
11. Deep clean your mattress by using a combination of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap.
12. To clean your coffee maker, fill your water reservoir with 32 ounces of white vinegar, and fill the rest with warm water. Then, run it through rinse until all of the liquid moves through
13. A combination of shampoo and baking soda is the best way to clean out hair brushes
14. Scrub your iron with white vinegar and salt to clean off any rust or discoloration
15. Prevent mildew on your shower curtains by giving them a salt water bath
16. Easily clean your blinds without taking them down by using a vacuum
17. Prevent mold from forming on tile grout by rubbing candle wax on it
18. Clean out dirty sinks with a mixture of white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, lemon, baking soda, and salt.
19. Oxiclean can make your oven range hoods look new again
20. A cast iron skillet can be cleaned by pouring in salt and scrubbing it with a potato
21. De-germ your laptop by using a microfiber cloth, dish soap, and distilled water
Follow the tutorial below to avoid damaging your laptop!
22. Clean your makeup brushes in a mixture of olive oil and dish soap
This cleans it without drying out the brush
23. To clean a dirty hat, you can run it in the dish washer
24. Make oven windows look new again by leaving baking soda on the window overnight
25. Clean your AC units by disconnecting them and applying coil cleaner. Once it foams after 15 minutes, hose it off
RELATED: Low Stress Spring Cleaning Guide