If you are like me, then your car is probably a bit messy. Cars are very small in space but they sure do store a lot of trash. Even when it gets clean it never stays clean. There will always be more crumbs, dust, and stains. They never seem to disappear!
Because of all this, every car can benefit from a car deep clean. Even when we go through and clean our car the usual way, there is always some stains and crumbs and sometimes even a smell left over. A deep clean is the solution to the problem.
If you want a car deep clean, you have two options. You can either pay to have it detailed by a professional, or you can do it yourself. Many people pay to have it done because it seems like we can never clean it ourselves. But that is not true! There are many DIY hacks to give your car a deep clean and make it cleaner than it has ever been.
Take a look at these DIY cleaning tips and get going on cleaning your car!
1. Clear up foggy headlights with toothpaste and water.
2. Toothpaste can also be used to hide scratches!
3. Olive oil is a great, cheap way to polish leather on your dashboard.
4. A cheap foam brush can remove dust from your air vents.
5. Is there a lingering smell in your car? You might need to replace the air filter.
6. Get rid of animal hair with a squeegee and a spray bottle of water. Comes right off!
7. An old toothbrush can be used to get crumbs out of your seat cushions.
8. And you can use it to clean dirt from vinyl!
9. Are insects bugging you? Keep them out of your car and grille with dryer sheets.
10. Get your car deep clean around your wheels with a cleaning powder and water.
11. Prevent a smeared windshield by scrubbing your blades with rubbing alcohol.
12. And if it’s too late, deep clean your windshield with glass cleaner, steel wool, and Rain X.
13. Clean dirty floor mats by spraying with stain remover then throwing them in the wash.
14. Remove car stickers or decals with a hairdryer and water. If it’s on the outside, use boiling water.
15. Use a brush and a vacuum to immediately remove dust from your car.
16. Make sure to remove ALL the trash from your car. That includes under the seats!
17. Use a magic eraser to remove sticky things off of vinyl and leather.
18. Make sure to thoroughly clean the kids’ car seats with a lint roller, soap, and a steam cleaner if you have one.
19. When cleaning your windows, make sure to roll them down to get the grime from the top.
20. After washing your vehicle, use a clay bar to remove remaining dirt and grime.
21. Once it’s all clean, keep it fresh with an air freshener made from baking soda.
Have any other deep cleaning hacks for your car that worked well for you? Please share in the comments below!
If these car cleaning tips inspire you, go for your house next with 25 Weird Home Cleaning Hacks That Actually Work.