Do you have any old bath towels waiting to be thrown out? Consider upcycling them first! We found this wonderful video from HGTV Handmade by a lady named Marianne. She walks you through taking old bath towels and turning them into a cute area rug. You can get really creative with this depending what types and colors of towels you have. This beautiful area rug would be a great addition to your home decor!
Check out these easy to follow instructions:
- Cut out several one inch strips (Marianne uses thirteen or so for her rug)
- Vary the colors and sew three ends together
- Braid these three strips, while folding the ends beneath to hide the raw edges
- Next, connect three more strips to the end of this braid
- Continue braiding this set of strips
- Repeat the above steps until you’ve used all your strips and made one long braid
- To sew the rug together, you shape and coil it to create a circular rug
- At the end, sew the ends together, and voila!
Just watch Marianne in this video below and you’ll see how easy and fun it is to make this adorable rug!