Fall! It is my favorite! The beautiful colors, yummy butternut squash, creamy pumpkin spice lattes (pumpkin everything really), sweet candy corn and caramel apples, cool crisp air, falling leaves, confusing corn mazes, and crackling fireplaces. Everything is magical. Even the decor. This roundup of ideas proves that. Get your house in shape with these 28 fall decorating ideas.
A couple of my favorite ideas from the list are – Popcorn kernels in a votive with candles and also the pumpkin flower pots are really cute as well.
There’s also a wonderful roundup by ‘Powered By Tofu’ which has a list of 81 things to love about fall. You’re crazy if you don’t love the fabulous autumn season! It’s a lovely lovely time of year. See them all here.
1. Decorate your candles with twigs
Via – itskriativ.com
2. Use twigs to make a festive table runner
Via – hgtv.com
3. Wrap corn around a candle to get in the seasonal mood
Tutorial – julieblanner.com
4. Wrap your flower pots and vases in burlap
Burlap can be wrapped around anything and it looks great!
Tutorial – ohsolovelyblog.blogspot.co.uk
5. Use a rake to hold up a flower pot. Looks great with festive flowers
Tutorial – hillhousehomestead.blogspot.ca
6. Try making this decorative leaf hanger
Via – garlandofgraceblog.com
7. Glue acorns around your families fall portrait
Tutorial – 320sycamoreblog.com
8. Hang festive fall lettering on your door. Hanging it from a wreath also works
Tutorial – shelterness.com
9. Mini white pumpkins and pinecones make a gorgeous centerpiece like this
Tutorial – shanty-2-chic.com
10. Spray paint old bottles to make them look like candy corn
Very easy to do and a great use of old bottles.
Via – pinterest.com
11. Hollow out a pumpkin and use it for holding flowers
Tutorial @ iheartnaptime.net
12. Put candy corn around your candles or centerpieces
13. This candy corn wreath is the perfect indoor decoration
Tutorial @ thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com
14. Use colored wool to make this candy corn decoration
Tutorial @ danielleyarian.wordpress.com
15. Putting acorns and twigs around a candle is the perfect centerpiece
Tutorial @ livelaughrowe.com
16. If you have the time and skills, this DIY chandelier is a great fall decor.
Tutorial @ practicallyfunctional.com
17. Spray paint bottles and use them for holding fall decor
18. This pumpkin and hay bail decor is perfect for a porch or patio
19. You too can make this gorgeous centerpiece
Tutorial @ theidearoom.net
20. Plain Christmas lights can also work for fall decorations
21. Decorate your bathroom by getting festive with extra toilet paper rolls
22. A layered candle holder like this can be a great Thanksgiving decor piece.
Tutorial @ myheartsdesireblog.com
23. Hanging mason jars with acorns and candles are great for indoors or out
24. Trees aren’t just for Christmas. This is called the ‘Thanksgiving Tree’
25. This fall leaf table runner is easy and fun to make
Tutorial @ bombshellbling.com
26. If you have an old ladder it can make a great decor piece
Tutorial @ justimagine-ddoc.com
27. A decorative piece like this can be made with candles, leafs, and twine.
Tutorial @ thatswhatchesaid.net
28. An old pegboard is the perfect background for fall decor
Tutorial @ petticoatjunktion.com
Read Next: Woodsy Scents Perfect For The Fall Season