Now that Halloween is over, you have probably started to see holiday decorations all over your town. But that is not a bad thing! If you are like me, this is your favorite time of year too. I love the snow, the music, and of course, the food.
Christmas decorations are one of the best parts about this time of year. But we all know how expensive Christmas decorations can be, and as much as we want to buy every decoration we see, we need to hold ourselves back. But there is a fun way to save money and go all out on your decorations this year! The answer is DIY Christmas decorations. Cheap decorations that you can do yourself at home.
This list has 52 fun and festive crafts for you and your family to try this holiday season. These crafts are all DIY and some of them require very few simple materials.
So if you want to get in the holiday spirit, try out some of these DIY Christmas decorations in your home!
1. Turn an old lantern into a Christmas decoration for your porch by filling it with cheap ornaments
2. Roll up some fence and cover it with Christmas lights to make this stunning yard decoration
3. Or try this light globe for your porch
4. If you don’t have a fireplace or do not want to put nails in it, try this DIY stocking hanger
5. Make your own wreath using wine corks
6. These giant ornaments are the perfect way to spice up your porch
7. Decorate your yard with some PVC pipe candy canes
8. Have some old tires laying around? Turn them into snowmen
9. You can also turn them into Christmas ornaments
10. Old logs can be made into snowmen by painting them or even cutting them!
This is great for both indoor and outdoor decor!
11. You can also use frost paint to get a more rustic design
12. These log snowmen are made for hanging on your door
13. For Christmas dinner, try the snowman plate setting
14. Decorate your living room with this hanging Christmas tree made from sticks
15. Old bowling pins make great snowman decorations
16. If you do not have any trees to decorate in your yard, you can turn a wood pallet into a Christmas tree
17. Make some North Pole lights using PVC pipe and light bulbs
18. If you love candles, try these peppermint candle sticks
via: simplykierste | pinimg
19. Cheap pool noodles can make a colorful wreath for the mantle
20. And so can cheap flip flops
21. For a fun craft with your kids, make some painted Santa logs
This is actually very simple! You just need a diagonally cut log, some paint, and a cotton ball.
22. Old fish bowls stacked on top of each other turn into a decorative snowman.
23. Try this adorable cartoon Christmas decorative piece
24. Scrap wood and some paint and wood glue makes an awesome yard decoration
25. If you want something to impress your guests, this Christmas tree shelf will do just that
26. Kitchen cabinets can be decorated with bows and ribbons
This simple hack makes your kitchen more festive.
27. This adorable lighted canvas would look great in any room
28. Prominently display your family photos with this beautiful picture wreath
29. For a fun DIY project, turn an old picture frame into some Christmas decor
30. Have some spare mason jars? Turn them into festive porch lights
31. Make some over-sized ornaments for the house or your porch
32. Paint some old window shutters to look like a snowman
33. Using cotton and stuffed penguins, you can turn your stairs into a penguin slide
34. Wine glasses make great candle sticks
35. You can also decorate your wine glass candle sticks like this
36. Try a custom Santa tulle wreath for your door
37. Display your Christmas cards with this decorative holder
38. Hang some ornaments in your window for a simple decor idea
39. For a fun way to hang stockings, turn a wood pallet into a stocking holder
40. Recycle old plastic cups and make this awesome cup snowman
41. If you have the skill, make some wooden reindeer for your lawn
42. Use pine branches and a tomato cage to make a DIY Christmas tree so you don’t have to cut one down
43. And if you want a smaller DIY tree for your house, make one with string and glue
44. Paint your lampshade with frost paint and decorate it like a snowman
45. Try this simple snowman candle holder
46. A Christmas planter is a great way to make your porch more festive
47. Decorate your stairs or porch with a DIY burlap garland
48. Use an old fence board as a canvas to paint your own decoration ideas
49. Make a Frosty the Snowman candle to make your table holiday-ready
This is made by filling a small pot with wax, putting a candle inside, and putting it on a small saucer.
50. Terra cotta pots make awesome snowmen, Santas, or reindeer
51. If you want to go all out on your decorations this year, use a ladder and a few boards to make a Christmas village
52. And on Christmas morning, you can decorate the presents to look like snowmen!