Looking for some holiday decoration ideas for your home? You should consider making a simple luminary. Luminaries are decorations that have a light on the inside, and illuminate words, scenes, and various colors. Many of them are easy to make and the materials are easy to find. Some of them below are even made with recycled pickle jars. Now that is crafty.
Take a look at these 25 DIY luminaries. You can follow the decorations in the link below the picture or use the pictures as inspiration for your own craft. Luminaries are so much fun to make and they are a craft that the whole family can enjoy.
1. This DIY dutch house luminary would make a great decoration
2. These luminaries are made from ice, so they are perfect for your porch
3. And while you are at it, try this ice lantern
4. Looking for an easy luminary? Try a paper bag
Be sure to use a light that won’t ignite it!
5. Cotton balls make great snowmen
6. Yarn and a mason jar can also make a great snowman luminary
7. Epsom salt and a mason jar can make this excellent craft
8. If you got the skill, try this sharpie silhouette Christmas luminary
9. Or maybe try this Christmas village
10. This frosted luminary is very simple to make
11. These beautiful mini house luminaries will be perfect for your living room
I have also seen some made with cotton for snow.
12. Looking for a fun family craft? These luminaries are great to make with kids
13. This snow scene is a great idea for a luminary
14. A magical luminary like this one will light up your whole house
15. By painting a mason jar and carving a message, you can illuminate the text
16. These ‘five minute luminaries’ are a fast and cheap luminary for your home
17. Pine cones make great accessories for any craft
18. By cutting photo paper with patterns you can make a simple luminary like this one
19. Looking for a porch decoration? Try these DIY star decoration
20. Recycle those pickle jars to make these glitter luminaries
21. Old candle jars can work too
22. Several mason luminary jars can spell out a message
23. This pine cone luminary is a spectacular winter wonderland
24. A frosted jar with carved out snowflakes makes a great table decoration
25. And so does this Christmas present luminary!
A great festive craft for the holidays.
Read Next: Suspended Ornament Christmas Tree