Home decor and gifts made from old maps are becoming ever so popular. We have compiled 24 must see map ideas for you to peruse and be inspired by. My favorite project listed below is easily number 8.
It’s a desk that has been transformed with an old map being placed on the full front of the piece of furniture. Just imagine all the different ways you could makeover old furniture this way – desks, tables, dressers or even entire walls.
There’s also loads of smaller projects below that will make great gifts. Hopefully you can find something to create for yourself!
1. DIY Map Lamp
2. This craft works for couples who are apart from one another.
3. Road map bangle
4. Pottery Barn style candle
5. This mint tin with a map can hold your travel photos
6. Turn a map into these beautiful garlands
7. Glass marble magnets
8. You can also make a map desk like this one
Via: Finding Home Online
9. Or a map table
Via: Primitive and Proper
10. This glass map necklace is beautiful
Via: Happy Hour Projects
11. Old map wine rack
12. Map wedding cards for a destination wedding
13. This map portrait is great for long distance family or friends
14. Iphone case made from a map
15. Turn an old map and old shoes into something new
Via: Something Monumental
16. Maps can make great lamps as well
Via: Paisley Sprouts
17. Put some old map clippings on a binder clip
18. Simple DIY map tray
19. Maps can make great ornaments
20. Have a wood pallet? Turn it into map decor
Via: The Idea Room
21. Turn shoe boxes into storage boxes with old maps
Via: I Wear The Canvas