1. First step to building the ultimate man cave… you need an empty or unused room.
What is a man cave? A sacred sanctuary full of manly ‘stuff’ that a woman does not want around the house. Usually these rooms are constructed with modern high tech toys and dons a big screen television. Of course, that would cost a lot of money.
One guy found a way to use discarded materials to keep his cost down. He built a very charming rustic cabin room. I prefer to have a portable DVD player in my solitary space.
Let’s go through the steps on how he constructed his cabin of solitude for only $107!
2. For that rustic look you will need to use a rustic hand draw knife.
3. Keep cost down by finding free wood thrown out by a local company.
4. Careful to cut the wood the right size for the floor and wall panels.
5. Find free stones off the side of the road to construct a fake fireplace for ambiance.
6. Next step is to get the walls up.
7. Then the floors.
8. Finally, time to add a door.
9. For that Wild Wild West decor you need rifles – Duh!
10. Can’t call it rustic without a mounted deer head.
11. Black kettle on the fire just like in Little House on the Prairie.
12. Time to furnish the man cave. First a dining table and chairs.
13. Add a few antique tools and a flannel jacket.
14. Place a few old photos on the wall along with skulls and horns.
15. Finishing touch, your personal chair. Now that’s a manly man cave!