Pumpkins make great autumn decorations, but sometimes carving them can be a hassle. It takes some special skills and a sharp knife that not everyone may be comfortable with. Also, if you are looking to make pumpkins with your family, you might not want to give a knife to your kids! Carving also makes a mess, which some people want to avoid. Especially if you’re decorating inside!
This is why no-carve pumpkin ideas are so great. Instead of pulling out the knife you can just pull out the paint! Pumpkin decorating doesn’t have to mean dangerous tools or a mess. Now, you and your family can decorate safely and have a great time.
No carve pumpkins are also very creative and attract great attention. Some of them are perfect for Halloween, while some are great for all season long! Be sure to check out these pumpkins and see if you find one that will suit your household. Most of these are DIY with tools you might have in your house right now. If not, a quick trip to the craft store will get you what you need.
1. Emoji pumpkins can be made with yellow paint and marker
2. Design your pumpkins to look like animals!
3. Drip paint over pumpkins for a unique design
4. Decorate your pumpkin in gauze to look like a mummy
5. Glitter and glow in the dark paint can make a galaxy pumpkin
6. Try out a bedazzled and glitter pumpkin
7. Mod podge can look great on a pumpkin
8. Puffy paint and a heat tool can make something like this
9. Try out glow in the dark paint
10. Melted crayon design
11. These ‘donuts’ pumpkins are so cute!
12. A great Stranger Things idea
13. Washi tape pumpkin design
14. Painted stripe pumpkins
15. Use some left over spider webs for a no-carve idea
16. Mickey Mouse with three pumpkins
17. Ribbons make great no carve ideas as well
18. This one is perfect for ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ fans!
19. Nail polish sticks to pumpkins pretty well
20. Glitter coated pumpkin
21. This blogger used old nails to make amazing designs
22. Flowers can make great pumpkin designs
23. Lace over a pumpkin is an easy way to get a great design
24. Painting a pumpkin and putting studs on it gets this spooky look
25. Temporary tattoos are cheap and do stick to pumpkins!
26. You can glue candy to pumpkins to get a fun idea like this
27. Try out copper and silver markers when drawing on a pumpkin!
28. Chalkboard paint can make a creative pumpkin chalkboard!
Read Next: Amazingly Detailed Pumpkin Carvings